Program Manager, Emergency Response
Location : Bunia
Contract : 12 month with the potential for renewal.
Closing date: May 31st, 2013
The Program Manager, Emergency Response manages the Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Emergency Response project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). This manager will supervise and provide leadership for this program with oversight and reporting responsibilities over the entire duration of the project. SP DRC is seeking a highly motivated self-starter. An effective manager of this program will be flexible and open to unexpected changes in timing and areas of intervention throughout the life of the program. Experience sought will be in the areas of disaster relief and program management and experience working in areas of insecurity would be preferred. The program manager for this project should also expect to manage emergency food distribution in partnership with WFP.
For the past 15 years Eastern DRC has endured numerous armed conflicts resulting in a complex humanitarian situation in which repeated population displacements, infrastructure deterioration and the absence of government have become commonplace. In many areas of eastern Congo access to basic needs such as food, water and health care are limited due to continued insecurities and the collapse or dysfunction of state institutions to cover these needs. In response to the continued and frequent displacement of large portions of the population in eastern Congo, Samaritan’s Purse will begin implementing a large emergency response project comprising NFI distributions for the displaced and agriculture and livelihoods development for returnee populations. The aim of this project is to quickly and efficiently provide basic shelter and household supplies to displaced persons to help them cope with the shock of displacement and to enable returnee populations to rapidly adapt back to their home environments through agricultural enablement.
***This position is pending grant approval.
Overall management of SP Emergency Response project implementation within given budgets and timeframes.
- Responsible for project development per the overall program goal. Provide management with documentation of program achievement ;
- Ensure project activities match OFDA guidelines and project agreement and coordinate activities of the program with OFDA ;
- Develop and maintain liaison with target communities, respective government offices, UN agencies and international and local NGOs ;
- Coordinate project activities with other humanitarian actors and represent SP at appropriate meetings ;
- Oversee program’s financial aspects, including budget, cost control and implementation ;
- Manage distribution of NFIs to vulnerable communities and provide follow up for beneficiary protection and NFI usage ;
- Implement work activities designed to train nationals in specific skill sets in exchange for asset based vouchers ;
- Provide and fulfill all reporting requirements for SP and donor ;
- Submit regular Field Expense Reports to finance department in Bunia ;
- Authorize purchase requests related to the project. Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff ;
- Must demonstrate a strong Christian faith and a willingness to remain in remote locations for weeks at a time.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ ;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience ;
- 1 year international work experience, preferably in Francophone Africa ;
- 2 years program management experience, with financial management preferred ;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French ;
- Field-level coordination and mobilization experience, people skills, and office/outlook proficiency ;
- Able to be diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental and community partners ;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment ;
- Proven ability to act as mediator with possible labor or personnel disputes.
This position is not able to accommodate a family.
a. Mission Statement :
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
b. Distinct Objectives :
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles : PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
How to apply :
In order to apply, please go to http://ee.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/employment_listings/position_lis... and click on "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page.
Offres d'emploi >